Re: [ProgSoc] Just Lay It To Rest

On Fri, 26 May 2000, Christian Kent wrote:

> My next big stupid idea is to buy 64GB of storage, which I think I saw for
> $400-$500, perhaps 128GB, put it in dispater, install MacOS X, and write a
> script that continually polls the webcam and writes compressed frames to
> disk.

I think Quicktime Streaming Server would be a better idea... that way you
don't need the extra disk unless you're planning on saving it as well.  A
G3 has easily enough processing ability to produce a higher quality image
via QTSS than almost any of us will be able to download anyway.

Although, a webcam of the ProgSoc room would be... well, a bit boring.

Alister