[ProgSoc] Shared Libraries

Hi All,

I'm writing a shared library to be LD_PRELOADed and wrap around a glibc
routine (in this case connect()). The wrapper library must read a
configuration file in order to perform its function and since its
preloaded for all processes I'm attempting to prevent doing any
initialization till the first intercepted connect() occurs. Basically, my
problem is how to show error messages in a library like this. Showing them
on stderr could be a problem if its being redirected, putting them in
syslog might be ok, but I'd rather not interfere with process global stuff
like opening syslog, choosing a facility etc. Any ideas/thoughts?

Thanks,
Shaun