Re: [ProgSoc] join the dots?

On Mon, 1 May 2000, Tim Johnson wrote:

> 1. start with array of points (x,y)
> 2. also have an array of lines (x1,y1, x2,y2)
> 3. for each point, create a line to the closest other point, so long as it
> has not already been created, and does not cross over another line.

Easier said than done.

> 4. do 3. until no more lines are created.
> 5. draw all your lines and you will have optimal triangles.

Okay this is cool.  Yep I haven't made it 100% clear that any time the
lines cross and touch, this can only happen at one of the points we're
given.

Other than that, go for the maximum number of triangles.  (I still have to
loop through and count all the triangles, somehow ... ordered by point
hierarchy I suppose).

CK.