Re: [ProgSoc] pentium processors

> BTW, what on earth is the difference between the (original) Celeron and a
> Pentium MMX, besides clock speed?  Is it just a new naming?

Erm - I know I initiated this discussion in the first place due to my
ignorance of what the celeron was, but isn't a Celeron based on the
Pentiium II architecture (minus cache), and a Pentium MMX based on the
Origianl Pentium architecture with a few extra opcodes thrown in? Speaking
of which, where doth the Pentium Pro fit into the picture?

\/|<

Victor Rajewski

vik@nospam.progsoc.uts.edu.au
http://www.progsoc.uts.edu.au/~vik

NOTE: No warranties, either express or implied, are hereby given. All
software is supplied as is, without guarantee.  The user assumes all
responsibility for damages resulting from the use of these features,
including, but not limited to, frustration, disgust, system abends, disk
head-crashes, general malfeasance, floods, fires, shark attack, nerve
gas, locust infestation, cyclones, hurricanes, tsunamis, local
electromagnetic disruptions, hydraulic brake system failure, invasion,
hashing collisions, normal wear and tear of friction surfaces, comic
radiation, inadvertent destruction of sensitive electronic components,
windstorms, the Riders of Nazgul, infuriated chickens, malfunctioning
mechanical or electrical sexual devices, premature activation of the
distant early warning system, peasant uprisings, halitosis, artillery
bombardment, explosions, cave-ins, and/or frogs falling from the sky.