[ProgSoc] mail and crashed servers

When an incoming mail server is down (as ftoomsh was today) is there some
mechanism to stop mail getting lost? I was under the impression that the
sender would get back the mail and keep trying until 5 days or so had
passed, but I seem to have lost a few messages today.

\/|<

Victor Rajewski

vik@nospam.progsoc.uts.edu.au
http://www.progsoc.uts.edu.au/~vik

Linus:	I guess it's wrong always to be worrying about tomorrow.  Maybe
	we should think only about today.
Charlie Brown:
	No, that's giving up.  I'm still hoping that yesterday will get
	better.