Re: [ProgSoc] questions

Christian Kent (ckent@nospam.socs.uts.edu.au)
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 01:17:18 +1100 (EST)

On Tue, 28 Oct 1997, Roland Turner wrote:

> Likewise, I am yet to see a CD player capable of reading CD tracks
> directly
> into your PC. However of you look on the back of your CD-ROM drive you

I think I saw a "digital transfer" menu option on the CD player in OS/2
(while I was using it for about six months ...), though I never know if it
really worked. Carl Huben (carlhuben@nospam.aol.com) wrote a $20 shareware CD
player for the Mac called that actually samples data, runs it through an
audio equaliser algorithm, and plays it through the system audio, all in
real time. If you think about it, it's actually the only way you can
"graphically equalise" a CD you're player using only your computer.

http://hyperarchive.lcs.mit.edu/HyperArchive/Abstracts/gst/snd/cd-equalizer-karaoke-31.hqx.abs

As for Windows, my money is on, just wait for this feature to turn up in
Windows 98 or Powertoys or something one day.