Re: Foreshadowed concern...?

Dennis Clark (dennis@nospam.ilanet.slnsw.gov.au)
Sat, 30 Sep 1995 20:22:16 +1000 (EST)

In previous mail, The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs at Midnight wrote:

> WHat's ProgSoc policy on people who are no longer students?
>
> Can they still join the club? If they're, say, members of the Alumni
> Association, they must be able to join, and from memory, at the student
> price (it's a deal worked out with the Union).

Yes. Membership is currently open to all past and previous students of
UTS. And yes, Alumni membership entitles members to the same membership
fee "discount" as Union members. Glenn Rickersey I know for certain is
one, but there may be others.

> Do they maintain their account on ftoomsh? Or any later machine for
> later members?
>
> Even though they may not be able to dial ftoomsh direct, what if they can
> connect from another account with another service provider?

Currently, all ProgSoc members have the same rights and entitlements,
regardless of whether they are current or past UTS students. This
includes voting rights in General Meetings as well as accounts on
ProgSoc general-access machines. Of course, how they access their
ProgSoc account is their problem.

Dennis Clark | Email: dennis@nospam.ilanet.slnsw.gov.au
Programmer, ILANET | Tel: +61 2 230 1424
State Library of NSW | Fax: +61 2 232 8701
"Netscape. The WWW Browser that brought you <BLINK>."