Re: Directions for the Programmers' Society - Part I

Ryan Shelswell (ryan@nospam.socs.uts.edu.au)
Fri, 12 May 1995 11:53:59 +1000 (EST)

On Fri, 12 May 1995, Alister Air wrote:

> Hmm... working parties...
>
> Should terms of references be established (probably by the Executive)
> before nominations are called for?

Good idea. How about "Terms of reference are to develop a useful and
concise Constitution for ProgSoc as it now stands."

Sound good? I guess the Executive has to decide.

> I agree with the posts that said JLP was dumped by due democratic
> processes... I don't know that one meeting can be "more representative"
> because it has more people there...

Dennis said the JLP was dumped because "there were none of its supporters
there to give a balanced argument".

Another idea I think would be appropriate is: the Secretary should produce
minutes for GMs, and then these should be signed off at the next GM. It's
not a new idea but we don't do it.

Ryan