RE: what can i do with my 386

James Richard Webster (jrwebste@nospam.socs.uts.edu.au)
Wed, 3 May 1995 12:51:36 +1000 (EST)

On Wed, 3 May 1995, Kirk Nesbitt wrote:

> At home i have this old 386 that is just collecting dust. Bascially all
> that it is used for is taking up desk space. I dont really want to sell
> it because i wont get any money for it, so i was just wondering what
> could it be used for (if anything) it has 2megs of ram and an 85 meg hard
> disk. I am using it to back some stuff up on but that is about it

Ah, doorstop? Paper weight? Seriously, though, what sort of RAM is it?
SIMMs? people always have a demand for memory. What sort of
hard-drive? If it's SCSI I'd be interested :)

Alternatively, If you wanted to keep it, and had LOTS more money, you
could set up a BBS. Admittedly, this would require a modem, a phone
line, and probably more disk space, but hey, you asked!

Later,
James

|jrwebste@nospam.socs.uts.edu.au | Waiting for WebSpace and |
|woody@nospam.ftoomsh.socs.uts.edu.au | VRML!... |