Re: Stop Posting

George J Wright (gjwright@nospam.socs.uts.EDU.AU)
Thu, 3 Nov 1994 15:11:38 +1100

On Thu, 3 Nov 1994, Roben Hatem wrote:

> Date: Thu, 3 Nov 1994 12:26:54 +1100
> From: Roben Hatem <roben@nospam.socs.uts.EDU.AU>
> To: gjwright@nospam.socs.uts.EDU.AU
> Subject: Stop Posting
>

> Would you all stop posting..
> Just because you all have finished assignment work, that doesn't mean
> that you can post..
>
> We have work to do..
> This is rediculous
>
> And don't reply to this
>
> Roben

I'm sorry Roben but I think that this is the perfect place for a discussion.
As members of ProgSoc I think that we should be involved in what happens!

This brings up an interesting point however. There seems to be a faction
that are members of progsoc soley because it give them another account to
play with. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with this. However
they seem to forget that by being a member it actually means *being* a
member of an actual society. I don't see how the amount of mail you get
can greatly affect your performance in an assignment (I may be wrong).

Finally about the IRC discussion. Do people know about our very own Forest?
Its a talker (like IRC) but with many more features and it doesn't have
the bandwidth problem.

For those that are interested telnet to ftoomsh.socs.uts.edu.au 3000

Anyway bye
Goodluck with your assignment Roben!

Just George.

PS I haven't finished my assignments either (Shsssh its a secret)

/\ George J Wright /\
|\/| gjwright@nospam.socs.uts.edu.au |\/|
\/ "My Life Sux Harder" \/

Disclaimer: These opinions are entirely my own until I can find
someone else to blame them on.