* People volunteer for answer questions in a specific area, for example:
Christopher Fraser (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- LaTeX (document typesetting system)
- C++ (object-oriented programming language)
- Tcl/Tk (simple, embedable scripting language with Motif like X Interface)
I think giving a brief outline of the the subject area is important (it
helps overcome the ``I didn't know I didn't know that'' problem).
* Questions are mailed to the help line (email@example.com?). Whoever receives the
pshelp questions forwards them on to the relevant person (or someone else
if they are away or some such).
* Answers can in the way of solutions, or pointers to further information.
Does this seem reasonable? Do we have any volunteers to look after particular
areas or taking the first shift of receiving the pshelp mail? I'll post
something in a minute about publicising the list ...